Dedicated to quality, Chadwick Library is a unique resource in the greater western Kenya region. Currently about 75% of our book holdings concentrate on Biblical studies, Christian ministry, church and mission history from an evangelical standpoint.
In addition we hold a substantial number of African studies titles covering a variety of disciplines. Other subjects include philosophy, religion, psychology, business and management, social science and linguistics.
Total book holdings are now 12003 (Dec 2017).
Many Bible commentary series are held in full. Notable among these are:
- The Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture (28 volumes)
- Anchor Bible (35 volumes)
- The Bible Speaks Today (70 volumes)
- Exegetical Commentaries on the New Testament
- Expositors’ Bible Commentary (18 volumes)
- International Critical Commentary
- IVP New Testament commentary Series
- New International Biblical Commentary on the OT & NT
- New International Greek Testament Commentary
- New Studies in Biblical Theology
- NIV Application Commentary (36 volumes)
- Pillar New Testament Commentary Series (16 volumes)
- The Expositor’s Bible Commentary Series (26 volumes)
- Tyndale Bible OT & NT Commentaries
- Word Bible Commentaries (61 volumes)
West Kenya Studies
A small West Kenya library acquires books, papers and theses on many different
areas of study of the western region of Kenya.
Academic papers and journals
Additionally we have academic papers, PhD theses and Masters dissertations,
academic journals (50 different titles) covering topics in our target areas.
Children are not forgotten and there is an alcove with picture
and story books set aside for them.
Topic based collections
In different parts of the library the following special topic-base collections may be found grouped together:
African Books (by topic or authorship)
Bibles in East African Vernacular languages
Business books (accounting, business, marketing)
Pastoral Counselling Collection